There are several organisations responsible for dealing with police complaints. To make sure you get a quick and appropriate response, use the information on this page to help you send your complaint to the right place.

Please note, the Police and Crime Commissioner can only review complaints about Greater Manchester Police’s Chief Constable.

Complaints about the conduct of GMP officers or staff

If you have a complaint about a police officer, member of police staff, police community support officer or special constable of Greater Manchester Police, please visit the complaints section of the GMP website.

Complaints about the Chief Constable

If you want to complain about the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police then please contact us.

Complaints about the Police and Crime Commissioner  

If you have a complaint about the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner, please contact the Police and Crime Panel. On their website you can find more information about their complaints policies and procedures.

Between the 1st of April 2014 and the 31st of March 2015 a total of four complaints were received regarding the conduct of the office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. This information was published in a report to the Police and Crime Panel on 26 June 2015 – see agenda item 10. In all four cases, the Lead Chief Executive found that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner acted appropriately, and therefore no further action was required.

If you have a complaint about a member of staff in the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, please contact us.

More information about complaints

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has information on its website about the police complaints system.

You can also email the IPCC on or write to:

Independent Police Complaints Commission
PO Box 473
M33 0BW

Telephone: 0300 020 0096
Fax: 020 7404 0430