The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner has a set of equality objectives that the office will work towards until 2017.
The Equality Objectives for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner are as follows:
- To receive regular updates in relation to progress against equality objectives of GMP
- To ensure that GMP data presented is valid and reliable through appropriate community consultation and engagement activity
- To ensure that the engagement plans give individuals and communities with protected characteristics the opportunity to have their say in relation to the evaluation of the equality objectives
- To ensure that the evaluation outputs are fed back to both GMP and the wider community
- To monitor the above through regular updates in relation to progress against the engagement plan