Your council tax
Find out how much of your council tax is spent on policing. It’s our responsibility to agree (in consultation with Greater Manchester’s 10 local authorities) how much of your council tax should be spent on policing services in order to deliver value for money.
Annual audit letters
These reports are usually expected around September-October each year. They summarise the findings of the audit commission with regards to our financial statements and the arrangements we’ve made to make sure we deliver value for money in our use of resources.
The budget report is one of the most important documents that the Police and Crime Commissioner has to consider during the course of the year. We review our current plans and achievements in financial terms and set out our aspirations for the coming year, taking into account the likely resources available, key identified priorities, and the impact on the policing plan.
Previous budget reports:
- Budget report 2016-17 (pdf)
- Budget report for 2015-16 (pdf)
- Budget report 2014-15 (pdf. 757kb)
- Budget report 2013-14 (pdf, 243kb)
- Budget report 2012-2013 (pdf, 386kb)
This framework has been developed to provide a structured and transparent approach to the commissioning of interventions, innovation, projects and services.
Statement of accounts
Our statement of accounts tell you how we’ve spent our money during the financial year. These are looked over by an auditor to make sure that we’ve secured economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the use of our resources. As a local resident you have legal rights to inspect, ask questions and challenge items in these accounts.
- Final statement of accounts for 2015/16 – with auditor’s opinion (pdf)
- Statement of accounts for 2015 to 2016 – prior to audit (pdf)
- National Audit Office guide to your rights
- How and when you can inspect our accounts (Word)
Older statements of accounts
- Final statement of accounts for 2014 to 2015 with audit opinion (pdf)
- Final statement of accounts 2013 to 2014 with audit opinion (pdf, 2.7kb)
- Final statement of accounts 2012 to 2013 with audit opinion (pdf, 3,916kb)
- Final statement of accounts 2011 to 2012 with audit opinion (pdf, 832kb)
Summary of accounts
The full statement of accounts is very detailed and technical. The summary of accounts are designed to be simpler and easier to understand. These summary documents are not subject to a formal audit.
Annual investment strategy
The annual investment strategy outlines the minimum revenue provision for the financial year, along with prudential indicators and the treasury management policy and strategy.
- Treasury management policy and strategy 2016 – cover report (pdf)
- Annual investment strategy 2016 (pdf)
Older investment strategy documents
National Fraud Initiative
- Read about the National Fraud Initiative.
Land and premises – asset register
The document below gives you details of the land and premises owned by the Police and Crime Commissioner or Greater Manchester Police, as well as land and premises we have an interest in.