Tony’s themed public forums allow him to scrutinise Greater Manchester Police and other agencies involved throughout the criminal justice system.
He chooses his own subjects for inquiry and commissions written and oral evidence from a wide range of relevant groups and individuals. He also holds consultations with members of the public to feed into the inquiry. At the forum itself, Tony is joined by knowledgeable guest panellists who assist with questioning of witnesses and assessment of evidence.
Previous themed public forums:
- Hate crime: Reporting and supporting
- The future of policing
- Child sexual exploitation
- Impact of budget cuts on safer stronger neighbourhoods
- Stop and search – progress made
- Domestic burglaries
- Out of court disposals and community resolutions
- Stop and search
- GMP call handling- what’s it like to call the police?
- Domestic abuse
- Complaints and professional standards
- Chief Constable: his vision for the next three years