Tony’s themed public forum highlighted his ambition to eradicate hate crime so that Greater Manchester is a place where everyone can live their lives without fear of being harassed, abused or attacked because of who they are.
Attendees heard what organisations including Greater Manchester Police, Metrolink and People First Tameside are doing to tackle hate crime, and attendees spoke about how we can collectively improve reporting mechanisms and means of support and justice for victims.
Take part in Tony’s short hate crime survey to help him and partner agencies improve the way we support victims of hate crime in Greater Manchester.
Find out what happened
- The route to ending hate crime in Greater Manchester: A research and consultation report (pdf)
- Hate crime: Reporting and Supporting – Event agenda (pdf)
- Policing hate crime :- presentation by ACC Rebekah Sutcliffe (pdf)
- Tackling hate crime on the Metro :- presentation by Peter Cushing, Metrolink Director, Transport for Greater Manchester (pdf)
- Raising awareness of disability hate crime :- presentation by Andrew Barber, People First Tameside (pdf)
- Live twitter coverage
Find out about other themed public forums.