Date: Monday 21 July 2014
Venue: Etherow Lounge, Ashton-Under-Lyne Town Hall, Market Avenue, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lancashire, OL6 6AL
Tony was joined by Jim Battle, Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner and Lesley Daniels from Victim Support to scrutinise Greater Manchester Police on the subject of out of court disposals and community resolutions. The forum focused on the following issues:
- How have out of court disposals been used in Greater Manchester?
- Do they work?
- What are the next steps for community resolutions in Greater Manchester?
Witnesses, speakers and panellists
Witness panel 1:
- Simon Millea, ex-offender, participated in restorative justice process
- Fran Whitehouse, Rochdale Mediation Services and Neighbourhood Resolution Panel Coordinator
- Vickie Yardley, restorative justice accredited facilitator and trainer, also a community volunteer
Witness panel 2:
- Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan, Greater Manchester Police
- John Bache JP, Deputy Chair of the National Magistrates’ Association
- Graham Doubleday, Team Leader, Wigan Council Restorative Solutions Team and an assessor/consultant for the Restorative Justice Council
Find out what happened:
- GMP out of court disposals briefing (pdf opens in new window)
- GMPCC minutes of the out of court disposals themed public forum (pdf opens in new window)
- Read our live Twitter coverage
- Watch video coverage of the event below. Please note it was recorded from a live stream, so bear with us as the quality improves after the first few minutes.